quinta-feira, 1 de abril de 2010

Live Model

I've just recently began live model classes with a brazilian master painter called Lídio Bandeira de Mello. He taught at the National Academy of Fine Arts and most of my teachers to this day studied under him. It's a privilege to be his student not only because he's over 80 years old but also because he is a great person.

This is my first finished drawing, each session is 3 hours long and each pose lasts for 3 sessions. I couldn't finish shading so I brought it home and tried to darken it a bit, the back and the left leg mostly. I think a little more understanding of human anatomy could have given me a better result.

Pencil on paper, A2 size ( roughly 50x70cm )

PS: still ought to learn how to take pictures of b&w drawings.

Nenhum comentário: